Eight of us met at The Queen's Head on Sunday evening to discuss our thoughts about The Threshing Circle, by Neil Grimmett.
Not everyone had finished the book and there were mixed reactions from those who had. It seemed to be a polarising book with people either loving or hating it.
Due to the summer, and people booking holidays, it was decided to skip August's meeting, and rather than one group read between now and our next meeting on Sunday 25th September (also in the Queen's Head), we're having a Summer Reading Challenge, with prizes (don't get too excited) for anyone who reads five books (one for each category) and attends the meeting in September.
The challenge: One book for each category (minimum five books) read between 1st August and 25th September 2016.
- A book written in another language.
- A book with the name of your favourite colour in the title.
- A non-fiction book, about a subject that you don't know much about, and that answers a question you have.
- A book written by an author who shares your intials/part of your name.
- A book that you have wanted to read for a while.
Lastly, please bring a book with you to September's meeting, in order to play a game. The book needs to not be a famous book, won't be damaged, and you can take it home again later.